Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Area Runner has Fair Idea of Fall Plans

After spending most of the summer thinking about it, I've finally decided to get my application in for the Fine Craft and Design Fair in St. John's this fall. The deadline for applications is Friday, so I'll drop off my application some time today. Its a 10 day show this year, although you have the options of going for the first five days, the last five days or the full ten days. I've opted for the last five days, November 11-15th, 2009. The biggest reason is that it gives me an extra week to make product, because I have very little on hand at the moment.

Remember, the Fine Craft and Design Fair is moving to the Arts and Culture Centre on MUN's campus this year. There will be tonnes of parking and ADMISSION IS FREE.

On the homefront, the last of our summer visitors was delivered safe and sound to the airport last night. Its been a great summer reconnecting with my mom's side of the family. Today would have been her 69th birthday. On October 4th, please consider Running for the Cure, or you can sponsor me here. I'll leave a link up on the side bar leading up to the run as well.

I also have plans to visit the farm right after the fair, in late November. I haven't been home to visit dad since last summer and it looks like I'll finally be able to redeem some of these Aeroplan points.

At work, things are still plugging away on the Parks Canada contract. There are a half dozen or so pieces (out of 34 total) that are very close to completion. I'll be happy to get a few things knocked off the list, to clear up some of the clutter in my head. Right now, I have so many little projects on the go at various stages of completion that its hard to keep them all straight. I'm up to two weekly visits to The Rooms to compare the artifacts to the reproductions every week. I'll probably continue at that frequency until the work wraps up later in September. As an added incentive, the last of my summer wholesale cheques arrived in the mail yesterday - so, with the exception of one Dorset knife order, I can't expect any more income until this project is completed and out the door.

Photo Credits:
Top, Lori White
Middle, screen grab from Run for the Cure Website
Bottom, Tim Rast

Photo Captions:
Top, An Elfshot Craft Fair Display
Middle, Run for the Cure
Bottom, Ivvavik Slate Knife sitting on a piece of slate I picked up from alongside the old railbed not far from my house -- a perfect match!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails