Friday, December 7, 2012

This Week Kicked My Ass

These aren't quick to fail at.
 I've probably had worse weeks, but this week was bad enough that it deserves its own little shrine to failure.  A soon-to-be overflowing display case of all the ways that I've found to screw up fluting PalaeoIndian points over the past few days.  I haven't successfully fluted one yet, so I'm sure there'll be more to add.  Our home renovations are dragging and the City permits are getting complicated, Elfshot contracts are getting complicated, I had a cold, and now I just can't seem to keep a rock in one piece.

Oh look, my reflection is in the glass.  A crappy photo to match a crappy box of crap.
Photo Credits: Tim Rast

8 comments:

  1. Tim, check out some of the videos that Marty Rueter has posted on fluting. Here's a link to his website: http://www.flintknappingtips.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I'll check them out before round six.

      Delete
  2. Just blame the city for all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely blame the city. The difficulties I had in the workshop were the symptoms, not the problem.

      Delete
  3. Surely some public programmer or instructor teaching "sandbox" archaeology could use this realistic collection of Palaeoindian points for teaching purposes. And I suspect that they might be available at a discounted price :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're worth keeping on hand. Someday, someone will be looking for exactly these examples. Until then, I'll be referring to them the next time(s) I'm asked for a fluted point.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails